Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Act of Carb-trition

Confession time.
Forgive me Joe Friel, for I have sinned. It has been 12 hours since my last carb binge.

I don't know what the heck was up with me yesterday -well actually, I do. Can we say about 7+ hours on the phone with tech support over the last 2 days to fix some viral issues with the home office PC??- but it appears that the virus that attached our PC has attacked ME and it made me eat things I don't normally eat. 

Darling Hubby did the grocery shopping this week and certain things that I would never buy ended up in the house. Things that are too dirty to even mention. 
But let's get a little Jersey Shore on ya -- hint -- it rhymes with SLOP-TART.
(go ahead, click the link. You know you want to)


These dirty little things are still sitting in my belly and I am paying for it this morning. Call it sugar bloat. Call it a food hangover. Call it carbacide*.

*How fitting that I read a blog talking about Carbacide this week. (I really wish I could link this blog post to you but I have searched and searched and cannot find it! Even did a search in Google reader...nothing. If you wrote a blog post about carbacide this week, can you  please comment??)




Anyway, what is Carbacide?
Carbacide: Verb-The act of murdering any healthy way of life you may have been leading, up until the moment you decided to binge eat carb intensive foods. Completely undermining weeks or even months of hard work and abstinence.

I mean, dang. This is nothing that a sweaty 2 hour session on the trainer can't cure but why the self sabotage?? Why give in to some crazy impulse to eat White Poison (processed sugar)??

Anyway, they say that confession is good for the soul but what's gonna help this belly ache??
I'm off to spend some time on the trainer and then I have a 10am appointment with another techie. Thank God for my laptop.

Happy Saturday.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh boy!! I know it happens to me now when I eat M&Ms! Our body doesn't want the crap anymore

Unknown said...

Too funny...good to know that you are human, my friend!! Hang in there!

misszippy said...

It happens to the best of us! You'll recover quickly, I'm sure. ; )

Haley said...

Sorry about the belly-ache :( I think the lesson learned here is to never let hubby grocery shop again, lol :) Hope you and your computer feel better soon!

mjcaron said...

7+ hours on the phone with tech support is enough to throw even the most determined health nuts over the edge. :) Could be worse.

Leah F said...

I must confess too; I ate a couple "rhymes with Slop-tarts" today.

Caratunk Girl said...

John did the same thing to me the other day (it is his fault for buying the crap of course, not mine for having no self control)

Good luck with getting the computer stuff fixed!

You rock. Now way is a pop tart going to knock you down, shake it off and move on. Hope the ride was awesome.

AM! said...

Those lil' things can be addicting! oy;-0

And it's all good. ebbs and flows right?