Friday, March 11, 2011

The Cupcake Comedy

Earlier this week my Mom called me with a fantastic idea.

She wanted to have Lola come over to her house to make cupcakes and then decorate them!
Wanna make Lola an even happier little gal than she already is?
Give her sugar in the form of frosting, anything to stir and something to decorate.

My little girl hit the trifecta of fun.

Lola doing her best bunny impression

The original plan was my Mom would have her quality cupcake time with Lola while I had some quality time with ME, running. Well the plan was altered a bit--I wasn't feeling that great and it was awful weather. I decided instead to join the fun and I am glad I did, even now as I type this with a belly ache and a sugar hangover...

Before the mess...

Checking the label for High Fructose Corn Syrup

Lola lined each cupcake tin, as she likes to say "ALL BY MYSELF"
Lola approved




Filling each cupcake neatly

Ahhhh, not so neat anymore


wow!
 
Oh no....

Oh yes...a BIG mess!

beeeeep! they're ready


A little frosting here....
and a little more there....

Ever since Lola's 2nd Birthday this fall, whenever there is any kind of cake there must be candles. And several rounds of singing Happy Birthday. It is actually my father-in-law's birthday but according to Lola, it's HER birthday too!

So the obligatory 97 rounds of Happy Birthday and blowing out the candles commenced. Several times while I was singing, she told me "STOP MAMA" (yea, I'm that bad) and would sing Happy Birthday all by herself.


Lola's planting her "jelly bean seeds" inside the cupcake


yup, this one is LOADED


Mom, please--NO MORE SINGING!!

Happy Birthday, Round # 57


The Sugar Fantasy

It was a lot of fun but the next time my Mom suggests a sugar fest late in the afternoon, I am going to think twice about it. Lola was unstoppable and spinning like a top until 8pm.

We did go next door to see my in-laws to deliver an second helping of birthday treats to Pappa-which he enjoyed! Happy (real) Birthday!!

12 comments:

Teamarcia said...

Lola is just precious and your mom is a beauty too! What a fun experience!

KC (my 140 point 6 mile journey) said...

Those pictures are ADORABLE! You made the right choice to stay and do cupcakes instead. There is always time to get a run in.

Anonymous said...

your daughter is so cute! can i come over to make cupcakes too? btw the way lady, you won my coffee giveaway so email me your address!

Melissa Cunningham said...

tooo stinkin cute! glad you joined in the fun!

BrittanY! said...

what cute pics!

Carly said...

So cute. And I love that your mom is patient enough to let her do some much. :-)

Beth said...

She is so cute! What a great grandma bonding time!

Heather said...

These pictures are so cute!! Looks like they had lots of fun and made some good memories!

Tough Chik said...

So cute! Thank you for sharing all the photos, Lola sounds like a ham! I love the jelly bean "seeds". I wonder if I plant them in my garden if I will get a jelly bean bush?

Jason said...

I love this. Just love it.

Rene' said...

Love it. We make cupcakes like that with my 4 year old, but I remember doing it when she was Lola's age. so fun!

Unknown said...

That's awesome! :)