Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Sign Said>>Seven Dee Dot Three

I have often said that I believe that things happen for a reason.
The GOOD and the BAD
Sometimes the universe speaks to you-you just have to listen.
I have been listening very closely and I heard what it had to say
Jen.
It is time.
If not now--when?

After a series of serendipitous events that occurred coupled with some things that I interpret as "signs", I have made a drastic change to my race schedule for 2011- some races have been eliminated include AG Nat'ls in Burlington, VT.
And I am perfectly fine with this. Excited about it actually...
because something a little bit bigger and better (as far as I am concerned) has been added.
When the moment of commitment came I felt a bit of apprehension and anxiety
not fear
NOT a question of IF I could do it
I know I can
put up or shut up
right?


I kept the registration page open for a few minutes before I hit the send button


I scrambled out a quick email to a fellow triathlete friend. I needed that little push and I knew that this person would have the right words for me.

No doubt...Honestly I would be shocked if you didn't do it...(it) is another step on this journey.
Hit send

So I hit SEND and thought
put your money where your mouth is, girl $$$


so as the title of this post suggests I am now locked and loaded for 


70.3

The Pumpkinman Half
7:00 AM on Sunday, September 11th, 2011


The finishes shirt from 2010-I'll be sporting the 2011 version 

So the training plan has been adjusted accordingly.
Mentally I am prepared, excited and ready to tackle this. 

I have actually had this post written for some time but thought I would discuss this with my husband before "announcing it" anywhere. Yes, I did this BEFORE telling hubby. Bad...bad but of course, he is supportive about my decision. He says he looks forward to the day he has an IronWife. Because, yes...we all know that the big one is on my radar as well.
Just not right now.

So did you enter my RoadID giveaway yet?
What are you waiting for...a sign??
Happy Tuesday

20 comments:

Running Mama x5 said...

Wow Jen, that's awesome. YOu are ready and you will rock it!!

Running Mama x5 said...

Wow Jen, that's awesome!! You ARE ready and you WILL rock it!!!

Quinton J said...

nice. and with the click of a button...it's on...

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

Sweetness! Best of luck in your training. I am going to tackle my first 70.3 next spring as a 30th bday gift to myself. I'm excited to hear how it goes for you!

ltlindian said...

You go girl! I may consider just the regular Pumpkinman tri--probably not till next fall though. We'll see. Good luck! See you Sunday!

FatTriGuy said...

CONGRATULATIONS! It is a journey, and this won't be the last step! You rock, and this will be a great year for you, good luck and have fun!

AM! said...

Hi there,
You go future HIM Gal!!;-)

It's a great distance. For me the volume was the biggest variable to contend with having kids, family, etc.

Love it...put your $ where your mouth is...gonna use that;-)

misszippy said...

Good for you! Well, maybe not the part where you didn't tell the hubs, but he'll get over it!

Tough Chik said...

AWESOME! So proud of you! So I have until October to design and produce a Tri kit?

Finallyfit2011 said...

Wowzers Jen! This sounds like a big one! Sending good training vibes your way :) And YES, I entered RoadID giveaway OF COURSE!!! he he

Unknown said...

Jen!! I usually just quietly lurk but I have to give ya a big... WOOOHOOOOO!! You're amazing and congratulations on your latest journey! :) Fantastic news and I'm so excited for you.

Katie said...

NICE!!! congrats!

Carly said...

Congrats on the big jump! I'm sure it will be awesome!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

First, how exciting is this!!! I thought of doing this one in the past

If I known, I would have tried to get you to consider Rev3 Cedar Point, its the same day and about 20 some bloggers are coming from all corners of the world.

Melissa Cunningham said...

OH,WOW!!!!!
how exciting!
you can so do this!
you have just the right amount of crazy inside you to do it,ms frankenjen!!!!
so looking fiorward to following you along on THIS swim/bike/run!!!!

Rene' said...

That is really exciting. My friend is signed up for that race and is really excited...

Jason said...

I couldn't be happier. Honestly this news is just down right awesome and sure enough an awesome person will be participating in the Pumpkinman....YFRA.

Chuck WILL NEVER EVER contemplate hitting send on a 1/2 Ironman.

Aimee said...

Woohoo! How exciting! Awesome!

Haley said...

That's awesome Jen!!!! I'm so excited for you :)

Jamie said...

That is awesome. Congrats on making the first big step.

I may be up there for the sprint and cheer you on.