Thursday, December 14, 2017

Nope. All Day Long.

Have you ever had disappointing experience shopping online?


I have been buying stuff via the web for years and never any issues. I buy on Ebay, on Left Lane Sports, many retailers and discount sights with a online presence and always have been satisfied.  I guess I have been lucky enough to get good service, quality merchandise, hassle free returns and nothing but great experiences...until recently.

Let's rewind to September. Now, I am NO fashionista by any sense of the word. I prefer my gym clothes, yoga pants and hoodies but one day I stumbled across this gorgeous "dressy" hoodie on FB.
Is there really such a thing as a "dressy hoodie"? yes...there is.





Feast your eyes on this example of classy casual. of functional fashion. This is the dressy hoodie I have been dreaming of for years....

add to it, that I had these amazing booties that would be PERFECT with this gorgeous hoodie mixed with my favorite super luxe leggings. For me, this was a match made in heaven. Date night with my guy was now something I could imagine being sexy, classy and comfy.



I eagerly ordered, plugged in my PayPal info and waited. 


and waited.

and waited.

Months passed and this perfect hoodie was no where to be seen. I finally messaged them and I was told there was a delay in the manufacturing process. I had 2 choices. A refund or continue to wait. 

I promptly emailed the company back and said "well...its been 2 months. If you cannot deliver the item I ordered, please refund my purchase ASAP".

No answer. 

Another month passes and I send a follow up email. No reply. Oh... no.

Finally, last Friday (12/8) I get a package in mail.

When I opened it, I was really unsure of how to respond to what I was now holding in my hand.
This is not what I was expecting. This was so sub-par to the image shown, it was almost laughable.

Then I put it on. And I LAUGHED for a while. How would any clothing company even make this?

it was thin poly. so thin. and ugly. not even sewn with any care.

My hopes and dreams of a beautiful wine colored hoodie were dashed. This was a complete disaster.
It was so ugly, I found myself laughing in hysterics until reality hit me.

I PAID FOR THIS UGLY.








So, I went to the company website and reviewed their return policy. 14 days. Ok,, fair enough. I emailed them...rejected. I emailed again. ReJeCteD again....and so this would happen an additional 8 times over the weekend.

I finally took to their FB page, where they sell this stuff. All my comments were deleted. My messages directly to the company were addressed with this:

Jen
From Honey and silk on 11/6
A month after I ordered the top.

Dear Jen ,



Unfortunately we have to inform you that we had severe problems with one of our shipping partners.
Can you please confirm if you have received your purchase from our store already?
If not, we would like to offer you to re-ship the product to you free of charge with a new shipping partner or to give you a gift voucher to our store in the amount you originally spent.
Please let us know which option you prefer in case the product has not yet arrived.
Please apologize this inconvenience!


Best regards,



Your team at Honey & Silk

I responded with the following:

I would like the item I ordered and paid for shipped to me ASAP or a complete refund issued.

I am very disappointed that this order has been such an issue to receive...

Thank you.

Finally last night the item was delivered. I emailed the following

received the item today and I am EXTREMELY disappointed. The quality is terrible and shipping took 2+ months.

I want to return this item for a FULL REFUND.

Let me know how to return this ASAP.



NOW MY EMAILS ARE BEING RETUNED AS UNDELIVERABLE. I WANT THIS ISSUE RESOLVED IMMEDIATELY

Honey And Silk
Dear Jen, thank you very much for your message. To be able to provide the best possible customer service to you, we would like to ask you to send us an e-mail to info@honey-and-silk.com with the details of your request. That way we can assign the right person to your request and assist you in the best and fastest way possible. Thank you for your understanding. Best regards,
Seen by Honey And Silk at Sunday 10:32am
Jen
I DID!! AND IT'S KEEPS XOMING BACK UNDELIVERABLE. That is why I messaging you here now
Did you even read my above message that says I can't email you






so, by now, I am pretty irritated. which is hard for this happy go lucky girl.

I am beyond being nice now.

emailed, messaged, called.

AND NOTHING>

at this point, I am pretty sure I am out my $$ spent but it becomes about the entire principle of the matter. The fact that they deleted all of my comments and questions really hit a nerve

How many others lost $$ and time trying to return something clearly not as depicted in the ads?


f*ck you sub-par hoodie.
i am making a statement.

after many more rejected emails and no response from them in FB, I contacted PayPal.  Boom. In less than 24hrs I had my funds returned.

THANK YOU PAYPAL.



So, while there was a happy ending and lots of laughs from this purchase (as well as frustration) I had to share.

Buyer BEWARE. And always use PayPal!

And for my big Star Wars date night tonight, I guess i will be wearing my storm troopie hoodie and InkNBurn robot pants.

I'd love to hear your horror stories about online purchases!




No comments: