Friday, December 8, 2017

New Chapters to Write

I have been ready to come back to blogging regularly for a while, and it's only fitting that today while I was out on my run, I started thinking about what I had to say and where I wanted to go. For the many years I was very active with my writing, my best ideas and thoughts always came to me while running. Well, today it hit me.



I am Starting Over. 

I am truly starting over in so many ways...

-My life is starting over in sense. This new chapter ahead of me is new and exciting. I cannot wait to see what comes next. I am ready to finally close books and chapters that have been open to long. The days ahead have yet to be written and I can't wait to see what lies ahead.



-Even though I have remained active the last year, I have not been focused on training and racing. I was focused on life stuff that distracted me from my passion for training and racing.  I am ready to come back. My body has changed. I have lost muscle and fitness. But I gained so much other stuff.

-I miss training and racing. I feel like I lost a significant part of ME, who I am and what makes me happy - the quest for that finish line. But at the same time, I think the break was good. Physically and mentally. I am excited to be working with Coach Sharpie again this coming year. She is amazing and knows me. She knows how to get inside my head and do the work I need to do.



-I am committed to keeping fitness fun and doing the things that make my heart sing. Spending more time in nature hiking and kayaking. Open water swimming. Mountain biking.



-There has been so much change and growth that has happened. It's amazing what a good therapist can help you discover about yourself. It has taught me to look at things with a different set of eyes...and to look inward. I have learned and practiced a new way to respond to things that happen in life.


-I am focused on nutrition again and have created a wonderful online community of like-minded folks who want to keep eating clean fun and adventurous. We all practice different lifestyles (vegan, vegetarian, paleo, etc) but we share the common thread of eating real food. If you want to check out the group, here is a link to JERF Just Eat Real Food



-My career will even be transitioning soon and I have been taking a few classes on nutrition, fitness and life coaching, which have been really awesome. The road ahead will be exciting here for sure!!

So I will be writing about this next part of my journey. To share my joys and struggles. To hold myself accountable to me. To keep a history of what I experience. I love being able to go back to when Lola was a wee bit of a babe and see those memories. So, cheers to new chapters.

Thanks for reading







No comments: