Monday, December 11, 2017

Find some Kind this Holiday

While bumbling around the social media world this weekend, I came across this (now viral) of this young man talking about his torment from bullies at school. I dare you to watch it and not tear up, because, it broke my heart.


For the life of me I cannot understand why people have become so mean and so cruel. It's not just kids doing this kind of thing. It is grown adults too. 

When did being hateful become ok?
When did cruelty become the norm?

Even today, a couple simple errands showed me just how mean humanity has become.
Callous and self-centered.

For example #1: My trip to the local town post office. 
Guess what people! It is 2 weeks before Christmas and EVERYONE has Holiday packages to mail. Going to the post office with my 9 parcels, I know there was going to be a wait and I was ok with that. My classes were done for the day and I had a solid 2 hour window until my next client.
I did not rush in there on my lunch break expecting VIP service. I knew it would take a while.

I was right. 

45 mins in line right. But you know what? did I bitch and moan the whole time? no. I made small talk with the local family lawyer behind me in line (we got to know each other via my ridiculously long divorce proceedings over the last 3 years) and I did some last minute Christmas shopping online.



On the other hand, there were many people very pissed off and making rude and threatening comments about the workers at the desk. Only 3 with about 25 people in line. Complaining about how there needs to be more people. How they need to move faster. Making rude comments to the employees there as well as the others waiting in line.

WHOA. hold up a minute. YOU DO KNOW this is a very busy time of year, right?
YOU DO KNOW that these poor folks have no control over the scheduled hours of government workers, right?

Example #2: I was at a retail store today buying a gift certificate. The line was long and the lady ahead of me had 15 GC's to process. It took a LONG freaking time for their register to scan and add funds to each card. Yeah...it was a long process. Yeah...it took a while. Yeah...I was in line too.

But the guy behind me (and I was behind 15 GC girl) was so irate, he threw his stuff back in his basket and yelled at the cashier and walked off. Angry.



Come on world. This is supposed to be the MOST MAGICAL TIME OF THE YEAR. This is when we are supposed to love one another MORE and appreciate things like family and home.

DONT BE A HOLIDAY BULLY> fuck that. don't ever be a bully. EVER



DONT BE RUDE to those working in retail or customer service positions. They are doing the best they can most times.

Expect things to move slow and show a little kindness to others. Thank people. Be polite.

The smallest kind gesture can go a long way at time when we are all a little more stressed and a little more rushed.



PUT SOME LIVE AND KINDNESS BACK INTO THE WORLD THIS HOLIDAY. 
Much love to you.




No comments: