Thursday, October 7, 2010

Who's the Boss?? (we have a winner!)

Let's Celebrate with CAKE!!

Oh it's Thursday~It's been a very lazy week here and I am certainly feeling BLAH!

Monday started out with a screeching pain in my back while picking up Lola. This pain was like pain I never had~breath taking pain. After several hours of whincing, yelping, crying and begging for mercy, I caved in and decided to seek some sort of treatment.

My doc (who is an osteopath) was not in so I listened to my mother's advice and went to see her Chiro-Dr. Benham in Saco. I have never been to a chiropractor and I must admit, I think that a lot of it is b.s. but Dr. Benham's undergrad is in Exercise Phisiology~and during the initial exam and in talking with him, I learned he was more focused on the biomechanics of the body. We talked at length about his background in sports medicine and running and this helped to put any of my fears or mistrust on the "back" burner (yeah, yeah...bad. Iknow).

Turns out that the muscle strain was pulling a rib out of place and that was the culprit of my crazy pain! Two visits later and all is on the mend.


Lola came down with a head cold Monday night and did not sleep well at all. Tuesday was a long, miserable day with my little one being sick and ickky. But she was nice enough to share her cold with me! Luckily, we are both doing much better now and today is a new day.



It was a quiet celebration for her birthday last night~my parents came over with cake and presents!




WE had to blow out the candles twice~and she had more fun playing with the balloons than she did her actual gifts!!




Lola is in LOVE with my bicycle and my parents felt it was time for her own!

SO Lola now has her own set of wheels!


A Cervelo Nytro Spec P4 Di2
Triathlon / Time Trial Bike!!


Oh wait. No. That's what MOMMY wants....*lol*




Here's Lola's new wheels:

A Radio Flyer!!
Needless to say, it's back to the gym today for me! And most likely a run later. I see plenty of double sessions in the weeks to come. It's also back onto the Eating Clean wagon for this gal! Too much cake...
I am also considering adding another 1/2 marathon to the books very soon. I have my eyes on one just a few weeks away...I will certainly keep y'all posted!!
Now what you have been waiting for:

We have a winner in the GYMBOSS INTERVAL TIMER giveaway!!

........drumroll please................


the winner was picked this morning via Random.org


.....and the lucky winner is.......


comment #29



posted on 10/06/2010 at 4:54 am



by

TERRY

The winning comment??


HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOLA!!!! HAVE FUN BEING TWO! XOX
So...TERRY, please get in touch with me so we can make arrangements for you to get your awesomely hot pink GYMBOSS interval timer! You can email me at jsmall14 (at) maine (dot) rr (dot) com
Thank you to all that entered! I will be having many more fun giveaways coming up!

8 comments:

KovasP said...

I see you got the speed options on Lola's new ride, wise choice.

Emz said...

I want Lola's new ride.

Awesome.

Courtney said...

Lola is too precious!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

What?!?! you mean you didnt buy Lola the P4 and said "oh. look, it doesnt fit you, felt me take it for a spin and see if she fits me before I take it back, I mean if it fits, I guess we should keep it, and then one day you can have it when you fit it"

I may or may not would have tried that

Melissa Cunningham said...

awwwwww! glad princess lola is feeling better!!!! LOVE the pics,AND her nw ride!!!!

Unknown said...

@Big Daddy D~ummm, great idea!! I wish I had thought of that!

Aimee said...

Happy b-day Lola! She is sooo adorable!

Molly said...

what a cutie, now I want cake.

thanks for linking my giveaway, and congrats on your half!