Thursday, April 12, 2012

3 Things Thursday

Life has been chocked full of busy lately and sadly, I have not had time to sit down and blog...though I have so much to tell you about!! LOTS of very, very exciting things have been happening-

Thing 1

Training is going well and I have having a lot of "mental" breakthroughs lately. I am currently reading Iron War

(you know, about my good friends Dave Scott and Mark Allen. Yeah, we're friends. More on that later!)

While I am enjoying the story, what I am really getting out of that book is the mental strength required to race Ironman. I find myself tapping into my own psyche and questioning if I am really "done" during some training sessions and lots of times I am finding that it is my mind that wants to stop, not my body. I am having a lot of fun exploring this side of the training.

Thing 2


pretty awesome…in every way

I am so, so proud of my Rev 3 Team mates that are out there Running Across America to raise funds and awareness of Ulman Cancer Fund.

There is still time to enter my giveaways, for every $2 you donate, you will get a chance towards lots of awesome prizes!!

Make sure you check out the Rev 3 blog and follow along with the team as they run, run, run.
I am really so happy to be a part of the Rev 3 Team!!

Thing 3

I got a new bike.
So did Lola.
I'll let you guess which one this is:



6 comments:

CautiouslyAudacious said...

I've heard good things about that book! I did an 8 hour shift with 4 other people for the Rev 3 team as they were passing through NM at midnight!!! They are an awesome group!

middleagedrunner said...

Nice bike, just my size! :-)

TriMOEngr said...

I'm also currently reading Iron War and just read the great chapter on the research on the psychobiological effects of endurance training/racing. My favorite line in the book so far: "If you don't want to quit, then you aren't doing it right." Love it!

fancy nancy said...

Loving the bike! It's perfect!! I'm so glad your training is going well!! Mental blocks are often harder than physical!!

Carolina John said...

You should call that one three great things thursday! Well done.

Frickin' Fabulous at 40 said...

I'd love to see someone try to ride 112 miles (it is 112, right?)on that thing!