Monday, November 21, 2011

Tagged by Banana Buzzbomb!!



I have been tagged by Banana Buzzbomb-
catchy blog post title today huh?? I bet it made you wonder "what the...???"
I bet you are also wondering "banana buzzbomb? what is that?"
I am not going to spoil the fun for you so if you don't know, go ahead and read about it here.

Anyway, being tagged means I am to share a bit about myself so here goes some random.
Thank you Banana Buzzbomb for thinking of me and tagging me!!

I am going to follow BB's rules and give you 21 random bits about me and I will tag 10 other bloggers that I want to learn more about!!

1-I have no rhythm and I a horrible dancer-think Elaine Benis from Seinfeld bad. It's an ongoing joke at work how I can't do an 8 for step classes and such, thus I stick with Boot Camp, Tabata, HIIT, etc. for my class format. I tried Zumba once and had to leave I was laughing so hard. However, I would totally try one of those stripper pole fitness classes!!


2-I was vegetarian (actually pescatarian) for quite a while. Then on a dare, I took a bite of the most glorious, rare filet from The Palm. I was quickly "converted" and I have not looked back. Now my favorite meal is a big, juicy, grilled steak with a giant salad.

3-Speaking of salad, I eat salad almost every day. I am obsessed with Olivia's Organic baby lettuce mix and I go through spells with arugula and MUST have it.


4-I love to play board games like Monopoly, Scrabble, Clue and Life. I can't wait till Lola can play too!

5-I have very strange and vivid dreams; has been since childhood. I even used to have this recurring nightmare for years but it has been a long time since THAT happened.


6-My dream job? To work with dolphins and study tropical reef ecology. I could totally live on a boat in the tropics and get totally geeked out on marine biology and science every day.



7-I never wanted to get married or have children. I pictured myself as single and free for my entire life. Glad I changed my mind on the children part-Lola has brought more joy into my life in her 3 years than I have ever known.

8-I don't have a lot of "normal" clothes. 95% of my closet is sport attire-Since losing all this weight, I never "restocked" my wardrobe. I literally have ONE nice outfit to wear. The rest is spandex or summer dresses for the beach. AND I AM FINE WITH THAT. The last time I put on a pair of heels was for my Grampa Joe's memorial service last summer.

9-I cry easily. Happy or sad tears-doesn't matter. This is a new thing. I wonder if it is because I am finally comfortable with who I am ???


10- I am hoping I win Powerball so I can buy the two houses and giant parcel of land for sale next to my parents. I would build a massive triathlon training center with an indoor full size track, a CrossFit box, full regular gym and a ginormous indoor cycling room with a huge projection screen for Sufferfest workouts.

11-I want to help other people who are overweight and want help to change their life. I have a couple things I am working on in regards to this desire. And if #10 happens, they would have free access to the facility and I would hire my friend, Stephanie to train them. I would also pay Stephanie enough so she would only work to work for me and have the rest of the time with her family.

12-Nine times out of ten I know within seconds of meeting someone, I know if I "jive" with that person or not. I have been wrong a couple times so it just goes to show don't always trust those "first impressions". Yes, this has gone both ways (good/bad) 

13-I hated the name Jennifer growing up-I thought it was so boring and common. I think there were close to 15 girls named Jennifer in my class. I wanted to change my name to Morgan (my grandfathers last name and nickname).

14-My first bike was a white bike with a giant yellow banana seat called "Cactus Flower". My Dad saved it and still has it.
THE Cactus Flower

15-I freak out if the toilet paper goes on the roll the "wrong way". Yes...there is a wrong way. It must roll over the top. After 11 years my husband still has not figured this out. I believe he puts it on "wrong" just to annoy me.

16-I sweat like a pig. A big, giant, wet, stinky, pig :)

17-I have not read a book cover to cover since Lola was born (training books excluded). I was a voracious reader all my life and I can now read on the TM. I am reading my first book in a long time: TWILIGHT!


18-I love vampires and would totally be one if I could!! How cool would that be?



19-I have several "girl crushes"-Angelina Jolie, Lolo Jones and Jackie Warner. I would absolutely kiss any of those girls without hesitation but I am purely heterosexual. Make sense?

20-I am obsessed with logging each and every single workout. Since I started 3 years ago I have not missed recording a single one-I used to carry around a 5 subject notebook and wrote down EVERYTHING. Now I use Dailymile and Training Peaks.

21-I don't watch LIVE TV-there is really not much I care to see anyway. I DVR what we want to see and watch when we can. I probably only see about an hour or so of television per week.

The TEN bloggers I am tagging:





You did enter my FASHLETICS GIVEAWAY RIGHT??

13 comments:

Big Daddy Diesel said...

- I have dreamed about #10 alot, almost exact same thing, if it happens, you can hire me too, I can help with strength and biking

Christina @ The Athletarian said...

thank you!!!!!! And yes, I entered :)

PS - my name is Christina ;) haha

Julia said...

ummmm. i feel the same way about the TP on the roll thing. i have never met anyone else. people always think i am crazy. but its serious! loved reading your random things...thanks for sharing :)

Tough Chik said...

So much fun!
I love it! I am a crier too ;)

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

When I started reading this list, I was praying that you tagged me because I was going to do it either way.

I am so with you on #1, 8, 11, 12, 16 and 20.

And not only do I like vampires, I constantly tell my children that I am one.

Unknown said...

Oh Jen... I have such a hard time coming up with random facts, but I will try! :)

I love that you cry - me too. Over anything. :)

Tom and I played Scrabble the other night. I got mad because I ended up with the X, Y, J, Q, and Z! All in one game! I lost...

Unknown said...

Looks like that stripper pole has potential to give you some wicked abs! Go for it... if we don't see video.. it didn't happen! Just sayin!

Alisa said...

OMG I totally thought I'd be single and free forever too! Also, I was vegetarian for 3 years on a bet from my dad that I couldn't do it and broke the "spell" after a whiff of BBQ flank steak. Bring on the meat!

I'm glad you tagged a lot of fellow teammates since I didn't have their blog addresses, now I can go put peeps into google reader.

Unknown said...

Big Daddy D-you would absolutely be on my payroll!! :)

Christina, THE ATHLETARIAN-thank you and sorry for not remember off the top of my head. I added your name to the post

Julia, Good to know Im not the only TP crazy out there!! :)

Shannon, watch! when I amek it out to CA to hang with ya, I'll totoally bawl!! xo

Colleen-do your best. I'll bring the Scrabble with me to Rev 3 stuff

LAURA-bring a stipper pole to Quassy. just sayin

Tonia-awesome!! we can sweat and dance awfully together!! lol

Aimee said...

What a fun post!
I can totally relate to the warbrobe thing...most of my clothes are definitely athletic gear! :)

Caratunk Girl said...

Hmmm...I wonder about that stripper pole...

I loved the Twilight series.

Jason said...

Just love getting to know people more and more. This is a great list and thank you.

Anonymous said...

I read this a few days ago, but I'm just getting around to commenting. So glad you joined in the fun =) I must say that many of your random facts ring true with me too! From the wardrobe, to crying, the toilet paper, knowing if you're going to jive with the person, the banana seat bike (had one!), the list goes on...you had me cracking up. Have a fantastic Thanksgiving!