Thursday, May 19, 2011

TTT

It's Thursday.
It's still raining.
It's been raining for over a week straight.
and I feel like napping.
Today is a "rest day" (with the exception of the 1 mile I will run for #runstreak")
Matter of fact, Lola and I were on our way to an epic adventure to Chuck E Cheese's when she conked out on the floor. sound asleep.
guess what? I am going to join her.
Let it rain.

1) So the whole nap thing? Yeah--last night I started feeling a bit of a sore throat coming on and woke up with more throat thickness and a touch of sinus congestion.
crap!!
I hate getting sick and so I think a nap is the best thing I can do right now. Along with drinking copious amounts of fluids and hot, spicy food! Bring on the green tea and jalapenos!!

2) I had my body fat measured yesterday via caliper by Lisa at work. So comparing that measurement to my fancy, schmancy Tanita BC-1000 scale and they were pretty dang close (15.7% via caliper and 17% via scale). I am really surprised that my body fat % was that low--I was expecting a higher number. I am not super pleased with the way the booty looks right now, (especially in that awesome video of me crossing the finish line of the Polarbear Tri two weekend ago-Thanks for that Joe!!) but apparently, it is not all fat. I guess having a size 22 ass at one time will leave things a little less "perky" back there. But Lisa did not seem surprised and said I was actually very lean and the "fat" that I showed her is "skin". Hmmmm. I still wanna drop another 10lbs....
So I started project Miss New Booty and with the help of Lisa, PT extraordinaire, we are gonna whip that booty into gravity defying bootyliciousness along with some more definition in my quads-
I have two friends joining me with their own little challenges too-
Dawn is doing the Jimmy Dean Sausage Challenge (she thinks she looks like a sausage in her tri kit) and Marc is doing Project Wetsuit-do I need to explain this one?? Yeah-he needs to fit in his wetsuit for this season. His first race is this Sunday...Good Luck Marc!
We will be checking in again on July 1st to see who dropped the most body fat.


3) Yesterday was  Ride of Silence day to to honor fallen cyclists--cyclists joined worldwide in a silent slow-paced ride in honor of those who have been injured or killed while cycling on public roadways.
The Ride of Silence...

Tonight we number many but ride as one
In honor of those not with us, friends, mothers, fathers, sisters, sons
With helmets on tight and heads down low,
We ride in silence, cautious and slow
The wheels start spinning in the lead pack
But tonight we ride and no one attacks
The dark sunglasses cover our tears
Remembering those we held so dear
Tonight's ride is to make others aware
The road is there for all to share
To those not with us or by our side,
May God be your partner on your final ride
- Mike Murgas
 

6 comments:

Melissa Cunningham said...

hope you get to feeling better soon! will be following you along on your newest project,ms frankenjen!!!!!
oh and btw,PLYOS do amazing things for the rear...
:)

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I hope you feel better soon

Congrats on keep lowering the BF, which I strongly believe is a true measure, not BMI or weight

Michael M. Lipford said...

I've been battling low energy of late and I think part of it is that I've been fighting off a cold for weeks now. I took a nap today myself and rested from running. It's a good thing. Hope ya feel better soon!

Jason said...

Long distance pal joining you in that lose weight thing. I am down about 3 lbs since Tuesday and feeling strong too.

Let's keep it up.

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

I love that poem! amazing.

Unknown said...

I have the whole congestion thing too. :(

Congrats on the BF stuff! that's awesome... you've come so far!