Tuesday, May 17, 2011

#bikestreak

My 30 day #bikestreak came to an end on Sunday, May 15th and I did manage to get in at least one mile every single day on the bike during #bikestreak.


The most miles were on day 29--60.4 miles

crossing the border back into Maine during The Budgetman 70.3 bike leg
The least miles were on days 9, 13, and 30--just one mile to meet my #bikestreak requirements

I also started riding my bike to and from work during #bikestreak, not just because of the challenge but
1) gas is $4.00 a gallon
2) I like riding my bike
3) I really riding my bike
and finally
4) I really, really like riding my bike

So I racked up
381.64 miles
during those 30 days and I can honestly say I enjoyed each and every one of them.
It has been rain, rain, rain here so I am using the car to get to work this week and I was not able to make my cycling class today (Tuesday's with Charlie) so I have not logged any miles in the last two days.
boo :(
But now we enter a new phase of my little #streak challenge.
Monday #runstreak started.
Same rules apply--I must run once daily and the minimum must be one mile!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome job!!!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I have to admit, I failed at Bike Streak, I gave it a good try, couldnt get 30 rides in 30 days

ltlindian said...

Yay to you on your bike streak! I've got to get down there sometime to join you on a bike ride...this summer, when/if it ever gets here!

I was serious about joining us on the Warrior Dash! Hubs and I are all signed up!

Jason said...

I'm not sure there is another person in this world outside of my wife that inspires me daily. Seriously you are a true example of putting your money where your mouth is and getting 'er done.

Teamarcia said...

You did so awesome! I am so sick of all this rain. Woot for the run streak!
Got my GUnanza in the mail today--thanks! :D

Jamie said...

Woohoo! Way to stick to your streakin!

I haven't filled up my car with gas since January because I can take the T or my bike to work. I love it.

misszippy said...

Congrats! A very cool accomplishment. Now onto running--at least the weather won't impact you too much.

My Life said...

So impressed! Love that pic of you too!

Beth said...

Nice job on your 30 days of riding!! I'm sure the run streak will be a fun change and definitely a challenge!

Erika said...

way to go on your riding challenge!!
good luck with your running...it sounds amazing!

Carly said...

Neat! We were biking to work too and really liked it, but we're driving now because of the rain. Hoping it stops soon so we can get back to riding!

Unknown said...

Thats pretty neat!! Awesome job!