Thursday, February 2, 2012

Three Things Thursday (it's already THURSDAY??)





ONE-Dang germs!
Things have been a little wild around here. While I am now finally bouncing back from the critters that invaded my body for the last 3+ weeks, they are nesting in Lola now. A three year old with a temp, a terrible cough and a sore throat makes for many nights or horrible sleep, lots of crying and Mommy feeling totally helpless. 
As soon as she is better, we will have plenty more vlog posts for you and lots of advice to stay pretty!


TWO-Getting there!
I've been getting back to normal and Coach Awesome is kicking my workouts back up which makes this little gal one happy chica. I cannot tell you how useless I feel when I cannot complete a workout or my HR is beyond crazy for a little amount of effort. 
On the upside, I have had some solid workouts this week including several sessions in the pool where I felt (dare I say it) STRONG. I am feeling better and better!




THREE-I eat...a lot!
I have been spending more and more time focusing on nutrition and as I may have been hinting around to, more and more veggie based meals. I believe that food is such a personal thing and what works for one person may not work for the next. I don't care to put a label on my nutrition-I just want to find something that optimizes my own health and wellness, makes me feel good and tastes good.


fit february challengeThat being said, I joined in on a challenge from a FitFluential buddy of mine, Tara. It's called the Fit Feb Challenge and I'll be journaling all my eats here--I'll create a new page for it on the tab above.








So just a quick post today to get everyone updated on the goings on here. I am so behind in blogs this week so I cannot wait to Saturday's three hour ride to read and catch up!! I feel so out of the loop!


7 comments:

Tara Burner said...

glad you're feeling better and now for the little one to get better quickly too.

whopeee to you doing Fit Feb!!!

Enjoy!

Unknown said...

Hope you feel better soon. www.dashingdiva.net

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

I'm tagging you in my next post, feel free to ignore! Oh, I need to sign up for Tara's challenge! Glad you are feeling better!!

misszippy said...

Glad you are feeling better! Poor Lola--hope she is up and running again soon.

Enjoy that long ride. It feels so good to get back at it after a lay-off!

Katie said...

so glad you are finally feeling better, you got hit hard!

Jason said...

Glad to hear your on the mend, but poor Lola. I dare say that even when she is sick she is still pretty.

I can't wait to see your foods....I've been really dialed in the last two weeks and focusing on hunger queues and what a difference my workouts have seen. I think I'm eating less (I don't count calories) but more balanced meals than late Dec/early Jan and I dare say I'm stronger too......and in the water.

Keep up the great work.

Caratunk Girl said...

SO happy you are feeling better.

I can't wait to see the foods, I have been really working on that lately and I love to see what others are doing!