Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fall Friendsy & A Winner

Whew!! What a fantastic weekend.
First, I am so sorry for the delay in getting this post up but I am having issues loading pics from my camera. I really, really, really wanted to share some of the awesome pictures I took this weekend and I have been working tirelessly to try and figure out the problem.
I have yet to find a solution so...you will have to deal with pictures I have lovingly hijacked from Facebook!! ha!

Now, don't be TOO jealous but on Saturday I got to spend time with these amazing lovelies


Dawn pushing Lola and Porter in the BOB!

I know!! Awesome!!

Mandy (aka Caratunk Girl) and PORTER!
Mandy made her way "down south" for the weekend and we made plans to meet up in Portland to walk around the Back Bay. My bestie Dawn was able to come along so it was going to be a fun afternoon!
We were hanging out at the meet up spot when I saw this adorable little ball of fur in front of me I squealed with delight!! Lola, Dawn and I ran out of the car and I'm screaming OH MY GOSH!! IT'S PORTER!!!!
Really, Mandy--I was just as happy to see you too!! I promise!!

The Happy Couple

Lola is IN LOVE.
Bigtime.
We were in TJ Maxx yesterday and she saw a bunch of dog treats and insisted we get a bag for Porter
Shhhhh-it's for Christmas!!

Thanks for the pics Mandy!! As soon as I get my camera situation figured out, I have a ton of awesome photos to share :)

It was fantastic to see Mandy again and discuss all things tri. Between the 3 of us, it was a trigeek meeting for sure!
It was a beautiful afternoon and I had a blast spending time with Dawn, Mandy, Lola and Porter.
We decided that next summer when Jason comes to Maine to race Rev 3 Maine we are all going white water rafting. How fun is THAT going to be??
Who is coming to Maine for the Rev 3 Half in August 2012???
Join the fun!!


l
Lots of friends came out to run the first Harvest Half-can't miss me in that bright orange Saucony gear!!

Sunday with the first Harvest Half Marathon. This race was put on by the Northern York County YMCA all along the Eastern Trail. It was a perfect day to run too! Cool and sunny.

I have been helping my friend, Marc train for his first half marathon so I agreed to pace him for his first race.
He set a goal of 2 hours but I knew he could (and would) push a little harder.
He was even made an honorary TOUGH CHIK for the day and wore my new PINK Tough Chik visor for the race!


Only about 5 miles left to go!
He finished in 1:53:56!!

It was pretty impressive, the winner of this race ran a 1:09....Um, hellzya!! (in my dreams...)
Dawn also ran her first half marathon with another good friend, Jen.
Jen has become a running fool over the summer and this is her 3rd half in several weeks!! GO JEN!!



Jen, Dawn and Todd on the way out

on the way back & smiling-always a good sign



Stephanie just ran the Maine Marathon a couple weeks ago in the POURING rain. Talk about miserable conditions-she decided last minute that it would be a good day to run so she joined the fun.

a happy girl running for an "easy" 1:46 finish (she's an animal!!)

I was super psyched for my Y buddy, Keith. He nailed a 1:30 half.
I wanna run like Keith when I grow up!!



So as you can see, it was an amazing weekend spent with friends doing things we love to do!!

Now, for the winner....

There were 218 entries for the Tough Chik contest. Each eligible comment was put into a spreadsheet for easy reference. Then I used Random.org to pick the winner for me


Random.org picked #39

Comment #30 was from
Carrie @ Maine Mom on the Run!!
"follow you on Twitter"

Congrats Carrie!!
Please email me at jsmall14(at)maine(dot)rr(dot)com
so I can get you hooked up with your Tough Chik prize!!



10 comments:

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

Congrats to Carrie! I was so into the recap I forgot their was going to be a winner at end!

A Prelude To... said...

Those pictures of Porter in the stroller are ADORABLE! What fun!

Running With The Girls said...

Oh that lucky girl!!! & it's her birthday today!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Porter is adorable

I might be avaiable for Maine, we will see, still dont know yet

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

That Porter is adorable!

Carrie said...

Yay! Happy birthday to me!!! Thanks so much!

Unknown said...

Okay, so I'll admit that I'm a tad jelaous (okay, really jealous) that you got to meet Porter and spend the weekend with Mandy. I get a weekend with her in two weeks (WAHOO)!!!

I'm thinking about coming to Maine to race. Would be a super fun meet up!

Finallyfit2011 said...

JEALOUS!!! But a big congrats to Carrie!!! Enjoy! Loved the photos Jen xoxo!

Elle said...

Love all the pics... congrats to Carrie.

Katie said...

Wow, look at those cute pups! I'm a sucker for cute pups!