Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Working Out at Home

I love running outside.
I love working out in the gym.

I love jumping in the pool for laps or heading down to the beach for an open water swim.



But some days I just have to get that workout in at home. As every busy Mama knows, that is just the way it is~you do what you can to fit it into the day. So I try to workout before Lola gets up for the day or sneak it in while Lola is napping. Luckily, I have a nice home gym set up with a couple cardio options; treadmill, elliptical, stat bike. I also have lots of free weights and other training accessories. So on those days when I have to fit it in at home it means running on the treadmill (uugh!), jumping on the bike or elliptical or popping in a workout DVD.



I have lots of lots of DVD's that I have collected over the last 2 years~everything from cardio to weight training to yoga. Insanity, P90x, Jillian Michaels, Jari Love, Lauren Brooks...the list is long.

Over the next several weeks I am going to be reviewing several of these workouts for you. What's working, what's not. What's cool and what's hot.



I also want to hear from you!

Do you have a workout you want to know more about before shelling out the cash?Do you have a favorite workout DVD that is a must have?
Please, comment and let me know what's going on!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My most recent acquisition is a 4 disc series from Bob Harper, trainer from The Biggest Loser. Some of my friends at JillianMichaels.com were talking this set up and saying it was killer. Well, anyone who knows me knows that I love a killer workout! There is nothing more satisfying than feeling totally spent and left in a puddle of sweat!

The 4 disc set includes: Pure Burn Super Strength, Cardio Conditioning, Yoga for the Warrior and Bob's Workout.

Check out MyTrainerBob.com to find out more or to watch the trailers for each DVD~and keep your eyes open for my reviews, thoughts and opinions on each disc COMING SOON!!

3 comments:

AM! said...

I'm in that predicament today w/my lil dude home sick. so no outdoor run/gym for me. I have some TRX bands though out in the studio I'm going to attempt...;-)

I don't have and DVD's at the moment

Unknown said...

Ohhhh. I would LOVE to have some TRX at home. Super fun and a great workout :) I think your body weight is really one of the best tools we have in fitness

Anonymous said...

I really like Jari Love's Get Ripped set (especially Slim & Lean). Also like Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, because it's so quick!