When zucchini attack...HUG EM!
We certainly have a bumper crop from our garden this year~it seems we are just overflowing with zucchini, yellow squash and cukes right now...and I could not be happier! I just love 'em all. The cherry tomatos have been coming in for a while and now the BIG tomatos are starting. Ahhhh, summer and the bounty of the garden.
Casey has been working hard to keep up with everything and we are already making plans to make next years garden a lot bigger!! We have been busy making pickles, breads, muffins, squash and zucchini boats-you name it, we are making it!
Now it's really time to get creative with our cooking stills and see what else we can come up with!
Last night I made a Garden Pasta Salad and it was delish (and easy!).
Garden Pasta Salad
- 1 box of whole wheat bowtie pasta or tri color pasta cooked
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini-raw, chopped
- 2 med cukes, chopped (we leave the skin on)
- 2 big handfulls of cherry tomatos, halved
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 bell pepper (any color) chopped
- 2 green onions chopped
- * you can use any kinds of veggies you like, we just used what was on hand
- 1/4 cup of your fav italian dressing (we like Newmans Own Lighten Up Italian with Lemon, Drew's Classic Italian or even just home made vinegrette)
- 2 tbsps your favorite mayo (we like Vegenaise)
- dash of italian seasoning, pepper and celery salt
Mix pasta, veggies and dressing. Let chill out in the fridge for an hour or so. Enjoy!
As I come up with more creative ways to use up our veggies I will keep you all in the loop!