Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Riding and Ryders (winner!)

Here we are , 5 days into #bikestreak and I'm having fun with it. I am enjoying getting outside more and more even if it is only for a pre-dinner quickie.

This mornings cycling adventure was an interesting one. I messaged Charles, my cycling instructor and told him I would forgo class today since I wanted to ride outside. My Mom had offered to watch Lola early in the morning so the plan was 30 on the bike and run the 5k loop. It was still early and cold so I did a quick warm-up on the trainer and then decided to get all bundled up to head out. I was planning on doing the 11 mile loop around my house 2-3 times but once I got out there and moving I decided that I would be only doing ONE loop today. It was cold, dark and windy. Go ahead--call me a whimp!


I logged a bit over 15 miles on the bike and then got out for a quick 3 mile run. Changed again, loaded up my bike, picked up Lola and headed on out to cycling class. A fun morning of cadence drills and I really feel like I got my money's worth out of training today!

But you did not come here to read about #bikestreak did you?
NOOOOO.
You wanna know who won the Ryder's giveaway, right??

There were 104 eligible entries for this contest. I wrote each name out on a big sheet of paper with the corresponding entry number and here is how the winner was selected.

"Hey Mom, I need you to pick a number between 1 and 104"
"What? Why?"
"Because I asked you to...please?"
"Ok. You did not sign me up for anything did you??"
"No Mom, it's a blog thing. Can you just pick a number 1-104??"
"Alright. Number 64 since it's your father's Birthday and he is 64 today"
"Perfect. Thanks Mom"

The winning comment?
I would get the VTX. They look bada** and the red ones look even better
-JASON-


#64-JASON

So Jason, you will soon be looking BADA$$ my friend in your new Ryder's.
Please send me an email at jsmall14(at)maine(dot)rr(dot)com and I am gonna get you all hooked up so you look cool all summer long!

Thanks to all the entered! I have some super fun giveaways coming up so be sure to stop by again really, really soon.

Oh and Happy Birthday Daddy!
I love you and thanks for being my "race sponsor".
I could not do 1/2 of what I do without you! xoxo

4 comments:

Finallyfit2011 said...

OHHHH happy bday Uncle Rick!!!! And congrats to Jason! Jen, I just received my Ryders that I won from the "Trifecta" giveaway & I LOVE THEM!!! Can't wait to rock 'em out at Tempe Town Lake this Friday for the Jelly Bean virtual race eeeeee!!! Have a great day my luv!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I am here for bike streak

Congrats to Jason

Happy bday to your father

Everytime is see half, 1/2, it instantly reminds me of my half mary on Sunday

Jason said...

What a great surprise. Those bad boys are going to fit well in the Red Family. Thank you for hosting and thank you Ryders for giving them away.

A Prelude To... said...

Hooray for parents who play along with our bloggy craziness :D

I wanted those! ...but congrats to Jason.