Wednesday, April 20, 2011

It's OK-Go Ahead and LAUGH!

Something pretty "epic" happened over the weekend and this is the first chance I have had to write about it.
My first "crash" in the clipless pedals.
Actually, it was not epic and it wasn't really a crash.
but
it was FREAKING hilarious....

It's Sunday afternoon and I got dressed to get out for a quick ride on the 11 mile loop around my 'hood to continue with #bikestreak. I have a beautiful new bike jersey from Tough Chik I have been DYING to wear since this WINTER!!
So I put my pretty pale pink Under Armour long sleeve thermal shirt on and the beautiful aqua and grey Tough Chik jersey on, ready to head out!

Super Cute huh??

I was standing in my garage, which is actually my home gym complete with large mirrors on the wall. I am standing there on my bike with the left foot clipped in and the right foot on the ground. I am admiring how cute this new jersey is in the mirror when I kind of lost my footing/balance and bang!
that's all she wrote folks....
me in all my glory, falling over sideways and unable to clip my left foot out in time to catch myself.
There I was, laying on my right side on the floor, bike on top of me-laughing hysterically.
It was pretty funny. It was pretty lame.
The most beautiful thing about this??
Hubby witnessed the whole thing.
After making sure I was fine (which was obvious by my laughter) all he had to say was,
"SO--did you get a good look at yourself?"
with that he chuckled and walked back into the house.
just a little bruise and some "bite" marks

Happy Hump Day!! Hope this made you laugh like I did....

16 comments:

Finallyfit2011 said...

Ha ha was just about to log off & saw this :) I'll just call ya "Grace" ;)

Aimee said...

Ha ha...too funny! Gotta love clipless pedals! Oh, and one time I fell over right at the bottom of my driveway b/c I couldn't clip out in time. A couple of my neighbors saw me and we all just kind of laughed about it! :)

Tough Chik said...

HA HA HA! Well, at least you got it out of the way! I feel partially responsible for you bites. But more importantly, did you scratch le tiger? I think we have all done this or something very similar when we started to clip in. I was at a stop light.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, that's hysterical. And sadly... I've done the same thing!!!

HD said...

Haha. That's awesome :) But you remembered the most important and looked good falling down, lol. Hope the weather warms up for you!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

BAHAHAHAHA!!!! I heard of alot of spills, though this is the first and only crash I heard of while checking yourself in the mirror!!!

Caratunk Girl said...

Ha ha that is awesome. That happens to me at stop signs usually.

LOVE that jersey!

Unknown said...

I crashed couple of weeks ago when my head and my foot wouldn't connect together for me to unclip and over I went. First time too! But I have far more road rash and a bigger bruise!

At least you got it out of the way....

Teamarcia said...

Ouch! Funny as long as you're ok! : )

Kiley said...

lol! That's awesome!

Penny said...

That is funny. That's what you get for admiring yourself in the mirror. HA HAA. Hey we all do that. Love the tough chic shirt. Ok CRASH be careful.

CautiouslyAudacious said...

Haaa! You're first? How long have you been riding? I lost count of how many wrecks I've had cuz of those darn pedals!

misszippy said...

Glad you're ok! And you got it overwith, right? So you're good to go now.

Love the jersey!

Tricia said...

ha!

Beal88 said...

Nice. My first clip fall was at a red light. All of traffic watched as I toppled over. Not surprisingly, no one asked it I was ok. Lol.

Jamie said...

That is what you get for being so self absorbed and oogling yourself in the mirror. :-)

Haha. Glad you weren't actually going fast (or anywhere at all) when you went down.