Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Good Morning Mr. Sun

Good Morning Mr. Sun!!
(as Lola says)


The sun is shining and I have a huge smile plastered on my face this morning.
Yesterdays weather was terrible-lots of pouring rain with thunder and lightening.


Today's forecast promises sunshine and 60's.
I'm feeling a LOT better--extra rest and that one dose of NyQuil did the trick! I am really feeling the itch to get outside!


I was thinking about last summer and how Lola and I would get up and out early for our jogging stroller runs. I would keep her occupied by singing to her or we would count the birds and the trees, or make a quick stop at the duck pond to say hello to the many ducks. I would also bribe her with M&M's or gummy bears on an as needed basis. As the sun would get higher in the sky we would greet Mr. Sun by saying "Good Morning Mr. Sun" and then pretend to reach up and tickle the sun (inspired by her favorite show Kai Lan).

I am looking forward to many early morning runs with my girl THIS spring and summer. Ahh, how she has grown since last year. I can just imagine what I will have to do this year to keep her entertained in the jogger? I wonder how much harder I will be working too, as she is quite a bit bigger and heavier!! What a great workout THAT is going to be.
I am so ready for nice weather! It has been a very long, cold winter.

Today's agenda?
some plyo & balanced based weight training followed by
Tuesday's with Charlie (aka indoor cycling class with Charles)
later today I am getting out for a run in the sun!

I am just exploding with energy today and ready to take it all in.

What are you looking forward to now that Spring is here??

Happy Tuesday all and don't forget to enter my Ryder's Eyewear giveaway!

9 comments:

Quinton J said...

reading this post made me feel like superman. your energy is rubbin' off. nice.

Penny said...

Running outside. It is going to be in the 70's here today. So glad you have your mojo back. Have a good run today. Enjoy the sunshine.

CautiouslyAudacious said...

I'm with you on this one!! Usually I love winter with skiing and all but this year I have been waiting for the nice weather and sunny runs!! Yay for spring!

mainely triathlon said...

xie xie for the post :-)

Keri said...

Yay for nice weather!

HD said...

I'm looking forward to making some huge life changes for the better this spring and now that the weather is nice, I can get out climbing!!! I've been waiting all winter for this weather :)

Katie said...

yesterday was 80s and full of rain, today is 60 and rain. boo! enjoy your gorgeous weather!

B.o.B. said...

Yay for feeling better! I've been swimming a lot now that it's warmer. I'm in FL so I do have a small advantage. ;)

Jason said...

Waa-Hoo....happy to hear you are feeling better.

Spring has sprung and I am looking forward to each morning when the sun comes up and provided me an opportunity to do something great.

I am AWE-ZUM!!!! but not as AW-ZUM as you!