Sunday, March 11, 2012

goal 21:XX

...for the first time in a long time I am actually a little nervous about a 5k race! I find I don't get that nervous anymore and most of the 5k's I run are for fun-while I still race and set goals-I usually am pretty chill about 'em.

As I stated a couple posts ago, I have set the bar for today's Kerrymen Pub 5k at sub-22. This is a tad on the aggressive side since I have not really done any fast running. My reasoning was this: Last summer I did 22:4x-something on a hilly course in the pouring rain. I think shaving 40-something seconds off is reasonable, right?
That's only about 15 seconds per mile....

Mary's Walk

I know I am physically capable of achieving this-I just need to shut off my head today and go.
But, not gonna lie. I am nervous!!
I want to achieve this goal. This is a relatively flat course but it's crowded. So let's see what I have in the tank today...and let's see what my little head has to say.

Storm The Castle!!!


8 comments:

Melissa Cunningham said...

you are going to be like the little engine that could!
if you think you can,then you will!
dont pysch yourself out,just keep up with mile splits and know when to GO!
pretend its just a training run with 300+ ppl!,LOL!
you got this!

Alisa said...

Good luck! Start in the front for good positioning!

Lauren {sweat junkie} said...

You're gonna kick this 5K's @$$ because you're awesome! And even if you don't, you're still awesome :) I can't wait to hear how it goes!

Missy said...

GOOD LUCK!!! Hope you got that goal and are celebrating!!

Magda said...

Wow, sub-22 would be amazing. Good Luck - I'm sure you can do it! :)

Erica Gorman said...

Good luck and race hard!

HayRuns said...

Enjoying your blog! Can't wait to hear if you got your goal. I just barely got into the 22:20 range a couple of months ago. Can't wait to get below that. Good luck! I'm at thepregnantrunner.blogspot.com.

Unknown said...

Crazy to have a race on a Wednesday. Can't wait to find out how it went! If you made it sub-22, congrats! If not, there's always next time!