Monday, February 2, 2015

Shimmer Suit Snow Angels & Soups!

More snow in Maine today, expecting another foot or so. The entire area has cancelled school and the Y even closed so no work for me today...it's a SNOWDAY!

Yesterday, I took advantage of the sunny weather to play outside...

After a treadmill session of 8.5 miles, it was time to suit up and hit the pool BUT there would be one quick pit stop before swimming.

INTO THE SNOW!!

Have you seen this contest on the Challenge Family page??


Of course, I had to join in on the fun!!





a post snow angel celebration and sprint out of the snow...here's the video of the whole thing.



__________________________________________________________

So on snow days I cannot think of anything I like more than soups & stews! They are easy, economical. I wanted to share my very favorite veggie based soup/stew that is a staple in my home. Even lola loves it!!

I stumbled on this on The Gracious Pantry last year and it's in rotation since...click the link and it will take you right to the recipe!!


Clean Eating Chickpea, Sweet Potato and Spinach Stew


want to up the protein content, add some chicken breast! So easy and versatile.

Just a hint, I don't add spinach to the stew, I just put a big handful of baby spinach in the bottom of a big soup bowl and top with the hot stew. The spinach wilts and it does not get bitter in the left overs.

I love a squeeze of lemon, a dash of hot sauce and a little bit of cilantro on top. MMM

No comments: