Thursday, May 31, 2012

Over...and OUT

There have been a couple (well, more than a couple) not so awesome things thrown at me this week but I am trying not to let the negativity derail me...and keeping myself UNSTRESSED has been a huge challenge. I can tell that the stress is manifesting itself physically.

Quassy almost is here and I am getting ready to leave.


I know that this course is going to deliver some hurt, I have know this for two years.
Why do you think I wanted to do this race soo badly? Because of the challenge it presents.
Quassy HalfRev was on my schedule this year regardless and now that I am a member of Team Rev 3, it just makes it that more exciting!!

I cannot wait to see my team mates, I am overflowing with joy to see Sonja, I cannot wait to meet some fellow ponies (those of us coached by the Awesomeness that is Sonja) and I am excited/nervous/ready for this race!


I over-packed (as usual).
I am over-excited (duh?!).
but I am ready.

My Coach has prepared me well, physically I got this. The only component that needs some fine tuning in my mental strength. While I do consider myself mentally strong, I know that I have a long way to go before I am anywhere near where I want to be.

So to mimic one of my inspirations, I have written some words of encouragement on my water bottle.
Chrissie writes her manta on her water bottle and bracelet pre-race and carries the poem "IF" by  Kipling

Kind of ironic that the very woman who inspired me to do just this, is the one quoted on the bottle.

"I had that ugly voice on one shoulder suggesting I quit and take the easy route. But I hate the goddamn easy route, and I know that I can never rest until I know I have given it absolutely everything. So I ignored the pain. I ignored the internal whispers. It was the other voice, the louder one on the opposite shoulder, which gave me the will to continue" ~Chrissie Wellington



13 comments:

Heidi @BananaBuzzbomb said...

So excited for you. Good luck and have a blast!!

Frickin' Fabulous at 40 said...

It's very hard to train for the mental aspect, right? Physically you couldn't do another thing to be any more ready! GO GIRL!!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Good luck in Quassy

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

What a great quote to have on your water bottle! Good luck!

Melissa Cunningham said...

ah! YOU GOT THIS JEN!!!!
have fun,do your best,dig deep and GO FOR IT!
excited for yo and cant wait to read a recap!!!!!!!

:D

KovasP said...

Chrissie's a great inspiration!

Unknown said...

Woot!! Can't wait to see you! Let's be sure to connect for some positive energy on Saturday!!

Jamie said...

There is no celebrating at the finish line of the easy route.

The finish line of the hard route makes you unstoppable.

See you soon!

Kristi said...

You are going to rock Quassy! Have a great time - can't wait to hear about it!

BabyWeightMyFatAss said...

Good luck!!

ConcreteNCoffee said...

Good luck! I love that quote. Luckily, those voices telling (yelling at us) to work harder and not give up are much louder!

Jason said...

Late to this post but what a great poem to have with you along the way.

Doreen said...

I've been stalking your blog for awhile and thought I'd finally say hi!
Thanks for all you share! I always enjoy your writing!
And I've enjoyed following you on twitter and FB!