Thursday, August 18, 2011

13 months

Did you know that I missed my very first Bloggerversary?

Yeah...July 20th of 2010 was my first blog post!! Go read the end of that post--then come back.

The goal of doing an Ironman someday was just a little seed that had been planted and I was not ready to share it quite yet. For some reason, I held this little "secret" very close to my heart and felt that if I shared it, somehow it would end up tainted or damaged.
Sometimes, saying it out loud or putting it out into cyberspace makes it just too real.
Maybe I was not ready for that little dream to be reality so I kept in protected.
Or perhaps, other more experienced athletes would laugh and say
"no, YOU cannot be an IRONMAN"
or maybe was it actually ME questioning if I was IRONMAN strong??

Of course, I am no longer afraid to share that goal and we all know that I have 140.6 on the horizon  But let's get thru my first 70.3 first, kay?

I also have seen first hand what I can do -- mentally and physically -- and I have been able to surround myself with like minded individuals. It's amazing what this little blog has done for me-I have been able to connect with others all over the world.

People who inspire me, motivate me, make me smile and keep me on reaching for the stars!
I am so lucky to have been able to meet some of the fantastic bloggers in "real life" and there those of you I have yet to meet but I WILL (even if it means a road trip to Texas and Arizona!!)

So now 13 months and one day after my first blog post (hmmmm a different kind of 13.1?)
I will be at Timberman doing my first half Ironman

70.3

It's been an amazing year and I thank you for being a part of it.
So many of you have touched my life in ways you may never know or even understand, but please know that on Sunday, August 21st while I am swimming, biking and running through the lakes and mountains of New Hampshire, there will be a piece of you with me!!

and I will smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was brought to tears this winter when someone came up to me at the gym while I was working and said that they had read my blog. This person did not realize that I used to be fat.
They then opened up to me about some of the "demons" they were fighting when it came to their own well being. I have been able to connect with this person and help then recharge their own fitness goals and become a much healthier person in the process.

I started writing this blog as a way to document how I was progressing on my own journey. I thought that if I could reach just ONE PERSON and inspire them to make a healthier change with their own life, my goal would be accomplished.

So lets celebrate my "Bakers Dozen" Bloggerversary-
Happy 13 Months Miles Muscles & Mommyhood!!

I look forward to the next 13 months and cannot wait to see where the road is going to lead!!

If you are a new reader, or even if you have been here since Post #1, here are some fun early MM&M posts to revisit!!

Beach Babe Belly Flops

Yoda's Wisdom

My F*UGLY Feet

Lessons from Lola

Fat A$$ Friday

11 comments:

Carrie said...

Congrats on your bloggiversary! And have fun this weekend!

My Life said...

You've done amazing work on your journey in living a healthy, active life! I'm thankful you share it. All the best wishes for rocking your 70.3!!

Unknown said...

Yay! Happy 13 months! And it IS amazing to have been part of at least some of the journey! I'm super excited to see what the next 13 months have in store.

In case I forget (which I'm sure I will) I hope you have a fabulous race on Sunday. Keep smiling, have fun, and know that you are Iron-strong! :)

Jason said...

What a great 13.1....congrats and go get a sticker for your car.

OK, so I went to that first post since I had never seen it and holy guns batman. I feel like I cheated b/c I did not buy a ticket to the gun show.

Timberman is going to get chopped down by you and it will not know what hit it.

A Prelude To... said...

Lola's belly flop pictures just TOTALLY made my morning perfect!

Tough Chik said...

Truly amazing and inspiring transformation. Happy bloggiversary and congrats on how far you have come in those 13 months. Good luck this weekend. All of us Tough Chiks are rooting for you!
XOXOXOX

Tri4Success said...

Congrats! And I am quite certain you have reached many more than the one person you hoped to inspire towards healthy change.

misszippy said...

I'd say you've done quite well in those 13 months! Congrats and best of luck at Timberman.

dawn said...

Awwwwww....I am now crying here in Burlington. :). Thank you for being the bestest friend EVER!!!! Happy anniversary to you and your blog. Can't wait to see what new adventures we will chase in the upcoming year!!!


KILL IT at timber man!!! Wish I could be there. But I'll have you right there with me on every hill I climb on Saturday!!!

Luv ya - so proud of you!!!

SingingJo said...

Hi, My name is Jo! Your blog is great, and I read on Colleen's blog that you met Chrissy Wellington at your first 70.3!! Congrats! My first is September 11th, but Chrissy won't be there. :(

Anyway, I have a tri training blog too. http://trigeeksingingjo.blogspot.com/

Congrats again!! Jo

Jamie said...

To come so far in such short time is FING AMAZING.

It took me 2 years just to build up the guts to attempt my first 70.3 and I was a skinny guy!

And you KILLED my first HIM time! (I actually think your time was faster than any 70.3 I've done. And I've done 4 so far.)

And I've never kept track, but I had to look back and realized I've been blogging for 4.5 years. DAYUM time flies! I'd tell you to enjoy it, but I know you already are. :-)