- 1 cup of Almond Milk (or your favorite milky liquid~coconut, rice, soy, cow, goat etc.)
- 1 scoop of vanilla whey protein isolate (or your favorite protein powder)
- a dash of stevia or your favorite sweetener (honey works well here too)
- a dash of vanilla extract
- 1 generous tablespoon of all natural peanut butter
- 1 frozen banana cut into chunks (you don't have to use frozen but it's really really good if you use a frozen banana)
- a couple ice cubes (more if you used a non-frozen banana)
- a BIG hand full of raw baby spinach
- 2 whole wheat wraps (I really like Joseph's Oat & Flax wraps)
- 1/4 cup (or more!) of LF shredded cheddar cheese (like Cabot 50% reduced fat is awesome!)
- 2 tblsp cottage cheese (optional-I have made it with and without, both are good!)
- 1 big hand full of raw baby spinach-chopped
Top with the other wrap. Cook on med-med/high heat until the bottom wrap is toasty and golden. Flip onto a dinner plate and slide back into the skillet. Repeat to toasty golden perfection on the other side.
I make a yummy salsa dip for this that is also super easy!
DIP: equal parts of plain Greek yogurt and your favorite salsa (1/4 cup each is good). Top with chopped cilantro and green onion (optional) or make it spicy with some extra hot sauce!
I came up with this salad combo this summer after a visit to Longhorn Steakhouse and several trips to pick strawberries.
- 4 cups of raw baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup of fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1 cup of green grapes, cut in half
- a couple rings of sliced red or sweet onion
Toss the above in a large salad bowl and top with crumbled feta cheese. You can also add some grilled chicken to this to make it a great lunch or meal. I even like it with some toasted nuts like pecans or almonds. As for dressing~something light and simple goes well with this salad. A raspberry/walnut vinaigrette or poppy seed dressing is really good!
What is YOUR favorite way to eat spinach??
What is YOUR favorite super veggie??