If you have not heard of YURBUDS yet, let me introduce you:
- Yurbuds - Ergonomically Brilliant Yurbuds Earbud Enhancers provide an unparalleled level of comfort and fidelity with a fit that ensures the earbuds stay in your ears, even during the most strenuous physical activity.
- Ultra-Soft Comfort Extreme Fit Guarantee Light and Intense style Yurbuds Earbud Enhancers guarantee a perfect fit. Made from ultra-soft medical grade silicone for extreme comfort during extended listening periods.
- Richer Acoustics Yurbuds Earbud Enhancers are clinically proven to improve sound quality and deliver deeper, richer acoustics. Enjoy music and the world around you like never before.
- Bluetooth® Devices Yurbuds Earbud Enhancers are compatible with Jawbone® ICON & Jawbone® Prime headsets and are clinically proven to enhance the sound during your calls.
- Universal Compatibility Yurbuds Ironman Series headphones work with mp3 devices including Apple® iPod®, iPhone® supporting an industry standard 3.5mm (1/8") gold plated stereo mini-plug for wide-ranging compatibility.
- Designed by a Triathlete Avid triathlete Seth Burgett, CEO of Yurbuds came up with the award-winning idea for custom fit earbud enhancers while participating in an Ironman competition. Yurbuds Earbud Enhancers were created for the human ear by athletes, audiologists, and engineers to stay in place, avoid pressure points, and provide a pain-free listening experience.
- Sweat Proof Yurbuds Earbud Enhancers protect headphones from perspiration, even during the most intense workout sessions. The protective silicone of the earbuds ensures that rain or extreme humidity will stay out of the headphones.
I placed my order online and I had order confirmation the same day. Next thing I knew they were at my doorstep. Talk about quick turnaround time-I was very pleased with how simple and quick it was to order from Yurbuds online. You can also purchase Yurbuds from the retail stores Best Buy, select New Balance stores and Fleet Feet Sports.
Of course I ordered the HOT PINK ones! Not only are they my absolute favorite color but $10.00 from each purchase goes to the Susan G. Komen fund
The Yurbuds came in a small, zippered blue nylon case with directions. The website said the Pink buds came with a WHITE case but...whatever. They fit just right and they were easy to figure out. Even a 2 year old could do it (which she did). The buds are made from medical-grade silicone and Yurbuds offers a fit guarantee as well as a 90-day parts and labor warranty.
Test #1 was some crazy dancing around with my daughter. When I say CRAZY, I mean crazy headbanging, rump-shaking moves! And they did not fall out. The sound quality was good too. They did feel quite a bit different than what I am used to wearing (the round buds that fit INSIDE your ear canal) as these fit in the exterior of your ear but they were comfortable and stayed put. The Yurbuds came attached to a typical pair of earbuds
Test #2 was some circuit training in the gym-now when I circuit train, I add in a lot of plyo based exercises like burpees, box jumps etc. Again, the Yurbuds stayed put and I did not have to adjust them ONCE. (this is usually a problem with my current earbuds).
Test #3 was a very sweaty hill interval ride on the stat bike. No issues here either and I was able to enjoy the entire ride listening to The Age Grouper podcast without interruption.
Test #4 was a 5 mile run in the wind. Now, the Yurbuds are NOT noise cancelling or sound isolating so I could hear all that was going on around me (ie approaching cars) which I liked. However, this also allowed some wind into the mix. The Yubuds stayed put but I could hear the wind ripping right through them. Not a deal breaker for me but definitely a drawback vs. my other earbuds.
My overall impression is very good--I am happy with them and I will continue to wear them even running outdoors on windy days. I want to give a big THANK YOU to Holly at Rust Belt Runner for this awesome giveaway!!
I was so pleased with them that I am going to offer YOU the opportunity to win your very own pair!!
Here's how to enter. Please leave a separate comment for each entry!!
1) MANDATORY: Visit YURBUDS and tell me something you like or something you learned from their website.
2) MANDATORY: Be a current follower of my blog or become one.
Additional Entries (optional):
3) Like YURBUDS on Facebook.
4) Follow YURBUDS on Twitter.
5) Share the love & spread the word about this giveaway on your blog, on FB, Twitter, email etc. One entry for each way you are sharing the love! *again, please separate comment for each way you are spreading the word!
6) Add Miles Muscles & Mommyhood to your blogroll.
7) Tell me what songs are rocking your playlist right now.
8) Tell me what podcast you LOVE and why.
Entries accepted until Thursday, November 11th at 6am. Then I will pick a winner via Random.org and announce the winner very soon after that!!