Sometimes, I have to revisit old posts. Like this one from just a few years ago. Wow, how so much has been done since then! I cannot believe that this is my life and I get to do exactly what my heart desires daily. It's not always easy but it is always worth it. I started this blog in the hopes of inspiring just ONE person to find that they too were capable of change. Wow...I am blessed to have been able to help SO many people now. AMAZING....
- 140.6 is not longer just a dream on my "list", it has been accomplished and it was awesome. I love looking forward and finding new ways to challenge myself.
- I can check off the box that states I want a career in FITNESS-I am now a dual certified PT, a Triathlon & Cycling Coach and Group Ex instructor. I get to spend my days getting others to their goals, one step at a time!
- After I started following Sonja when I was "just a runner" and she was on Team Trakkers I dreamed of "someday" being on a team like that...and BOOM! I am heading into season 4 as a member of Team Rev3 Triathlon...Soon to be TEAM CHALLENGE!
- I have been a part of an amazing project and film-From Fat to Finish Line-with 11 other inspiring individuals that will MOTIVATE you to chase your dreams and make it happen! The movie coming out SOON!
- I have been able to help SO many shed weight and discover the person inside them that they always were meant to be. I am SO grateful that this path lead me to meet 2 special people: Michelle and JDP, I love you two so much and thank you for letting me be a part of YOUR journey. Your friendship means the world to me and you have changed ME as much as I have changed you. THANK YOU XO
So, here is a visit back to Fat Ass Friday--one of my favorite, and most popular posts!
|A big plate of chicken wings must be in my peripheral.|
I used to hide from the camera because when I would see the pictures, I would not recognize the woman I had become. I had never struggled with my weight and to be walking around at this size was foreign to me.
What I saw in my head did not match the person I saw in the mirror or in pictures.
Now when I look back at those pictures it is a bit of mixed emotion for me. On one hand, I am proud of myself for finally saying "enough is enough" and making the decision to take control of my life. On the other hand, I am saddened to know that at one time, I was in a very different place.
|I don't know what's worse: the double chin or the double belly roll|
|oh.my. Back fat rolls!!|
|Running-it does the body (and the mind) good! Sept 2010|
|Much healthier and happier, Michelle and Me at the Mainiac Sprint Tri Sept 2010|